October is going to be a busy month on Beaver Lake. Here’s what to expect…
1) Clean Up Day – it is time for the annual Fall clean up day to help keep the roads around the lake clean of litter. We will meet at the Pond Road bridge at 9am on Saturday October 6th. We will supply the bags, however, gloves are highly recommended.
2) Lake Level Lowering – the annual process of lowering the lake will begin the week after Columbus Day weekend. Generally, the town will open the dam on the Tuesday following Columbus Day, which is 10/9 this year yet the day could vary. It will take a week or so to notice the level dropping. It is recommended that you remove your boats soon after the dam is opened due to low clearance at the boat ramp. The town will close the dam on/about December 1st. If you plan to have work done on your waterfront, the end of October to the end of November is the time to make it happen.
3) Oktoberfest – on Saturday 10/13 beginning at 1pm (updated time from the flyer previously sent) at 20 Coles Grove. There will be a costume dog parade, corn hole contest, pumpkin carving/decorating and beer tasting/sharing.
4) Dock Removal – this year we will try something new. Neighbors helping neighbors to remove docks. While this already occurs in areas around the lake we will make this available to everyone and anyone that needs help removing their dock. Weather permitting, docks will be removed Saturday 10/20 and 10/27. If you are available to help remove docks or if you need your dock removed please email StevenAnthony@Beaver-Lake.org.
5) Catch Basin Painting – while a date has not yet been set, if you would like to help to spray paint the stencils “No Dumping – Drains to Lake” messages around the lake in front of the catch basins (water drains), please email BLIA@Beaver-Lake.org